Good, reasonably priced waterproof case for Mini 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ssledoux, Sep 7, 2016.

1. ssledoux macrumors 6502

ssledoux

Anyone? My grandson threw his iPad mini in the bathtub yesterday. He's a toddler, and no, of course he doesn't NEED an iPad, except without one there is no such thing as a peaceful car ride and we are about to take an 11 hour trip to Disneyworld.

I have a used mini 2 on the way (if I'm gonna replace the mini, I'm moving up a notch), but I want a waterproof case for him since he's in the "throw everything in the tub or garbage can" phase.

Any suggestions for one that won't break the bank?

2. BeatCrazy macrumors 65816

The only one I trust is LifeProof: http://www.lifeproof.com/en-us/ipad-mini-cases

Not cheap, but will last longer than the iPad. Beware of fakes from Amazon/Ebay. You can occasionally find authorized sellers like Staples running them on closeout pricing.

3. ssledoux thread starter macrumors 6502

ssledoux

Ouch! That price definitely hurts! It's probably worth it though, so I'll have to give those a closer look!

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Ziplock bag might do. Get one of the thick freezer ones. I assume your toddler is being supervised while using the iPad, so all it needs is to protect it for the few seconds it takes an adult to fish out the iPad when it is thrown into water.