Good Screen Protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MacAttackKev, Dec 22, 2014.

1. MacAttackKev macrumors member

I recently bought my iphone 6 and also decided to buy a tempered glass iphone screen protector from verizon, though I'm not sure if I got a defect or not, but the glass doesn't seem to completely cover some of the sides, as well as causing a strange color distortion on the sides of the glass that doesn't completely cover the screen.

Anyone got any suggestions? Thank you!

2. Lux12 macrumors member

Due to the curved edges of the screen of the iPhone 6, glass screen protector can not fully cover the screen unless you get one that is edge to edge. And the strange colour that you are seeing is probably because you did not apply the screen protector perfectly or evenly. It is a bit more tricky applying glass screen protectors on the new iPhones especially because of the new glass.

3. MacAttackKev thread starter macrumors member

I had the verizon representative apply it for me, I hate applying screen protectors, dust somehow always gets stuck in there, and if I do shift the screen protector to the other side I'm quite sure it will be the same problem on the other end as it is already at the edge of the screen on that side.

I'm thinking about buying an HD Clear Ballistic Glass Screen Protector, Tech Armor, and ditching the glass screen protector, the weird color reflection is becoming an eye sore.

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I recommend:
    iPhone 6 (4.7 inch ONLY) HD Clear Ballistic Glass Screen Protector, Tech Armor Apple iPhone 6 Premium HD Clear Ballistic Glass Screen Protector - Protect Your Screen from Scratches and Drops - Maximize Your Resale Value - 99.99% Clarity and Touchscreen Accuracy https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EL94RQE/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Xk1Mub0VJWWSX

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I love my Zagg while expensive it feels awesome. I don't mind the cutouts and it fits with my case (incipio dual something or-other
    My local mall has a kiosk and they did a great job (both times - had my phone replaced due to a faulty camera, apply it)

6. Radiating macrumors 65816

Tested everything from the green onions iphone 6, to the Iloome iPhone 6 glass (iloome made the best iphone 5 protector which I determined after years of testing) , to the spigen glass and non glass ones, to the zag, to the power support protector, and everything in between, ordering over 60 screen protectors for the iPhone 6. Even flexible ones applied with water (too much orange peel so I didn't like those)

Strangely enough the best screen protector I found was this no name one that is only a few bucks:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OP40PK2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Micro solutions pro guard f2af

Great coverage and cut, a working oleo phobic coating and very scratch resistant. It's the best by far.

7. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Another vote for Zagg--their stuff is awesome. I have the Zagg Glass on my IP6+ and it is such a pleasure to use. It feels even better than the naked screen, and seems to repel smears.

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Installed one yesterday here and it feels nice.

9. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

I am currently using the tech 21 impact shield with self heal. I highly recommend it, it is crystal clear and if you do a Google search for the tech 21 impact shield with self heal you will be able to watch the video. This stuff is way better than tempered glass!

10. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Tech Armor Ballistic Glass for the 6 Plus, just installed yesterday and its perfect. Stops right before the curved edge. Smooth glass and really perfect to me. The only other glass I tried before was Zagg and its terrible. All seems well now but I had mine and I baby all my devices, I pulled the phone out my pocket and the Zagg Glass was chipped on a corner. Never banged it against anything or nothing. I have heard lots of stories with that happening to a lot of people so I rid them off. I say go with Tech Armor.