Good Screen Recorders?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Volkstaia, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Volkstaia macrumors regular

Volkstaia

I just want something really light, like bandicam. Select what you want to record (full screen or screen portion) Codec, Audio Codec, change sound settings, record, and have it in a format ready to throw in to premiere. iShow U lags, Screenflick has to export, Screenium records nothing but my cursor, Screenflow has it's terrible editor, and QuickTime, in addition to having to export, can't record system and Mic audio at the same time.

2. sigamy macrumors 65816

ScreenFlow is in the current man update bundle
    https://deals.macupdate.com

Couldn't you use it to record screen and edit the output in iMovie or FCP.

3. onekerato macrumors regular

I quite like ScreenFlow's editor... once I understood it, I found it quite elegant and wrote an ebook about how to edit in ScreenFlow. FWIW, many professional Mac app screencasts are produced using ScreenFlow (screencastsonline.com, rippletraining.com, macprovideo.com).

4. Volkstaia thread starter macrumors regular

Volkstaia

I want to use premiere, not screenflow.

----------

if I render it and then render it again in premiere it looks like ass

5. onekerato macrumors regular

In ScreenFlow preferences, you can set capture quality to lossless, and when exporting the movie, set the output to lossless too. Then you can import, edit & render in Premiere Pro without loss in quality.

ScreenFlow captures mouse & window information while it records which allows you to fiddle with the mouse pointer & add callouts during the editing phase. Inside Premiere Pro, you are essentially working on a flat movie, so this additional information is not available. You could do such editing inside ScreenFlow then send it to Premiere Pro for audio work/speed ramp/animated titles and other goodies.

6. Volkstaia thread starter macrumors regular

Volkstaia

I don't care, dude, I'm just looking to capture stuff for game reviews. I don't need a super featured thing, or else I would use screenflow I HAVE USED SCREENFLOW BEFORE I just want a balls to the walls, simple as can be, SCREEN RECORDER.