Good See Through Macbbook Pro Cases?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KidZgOtMac, Jul 25, 2011.

1. KidZgOtMac macrumors regular

KidZgOtMac

Aside from Speck and cheap Hong Kong eBay, Amazon cases... any other good reputation or rarely mentioned see through cases? I have some decals on my MBP and want to protect it yet still be able to display them.

2. Sam2lucky13 macrumors 6502

Sam2lucky13

any pictures handy of the decals you want to protect?

3. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

I reaaaallly wish Incase made a hard case. They make very good cases. I've heard speck has gotten a little cheap and don't always fit right.

I know I havent really answered your question but speck might be the only way to go. I don't often see hard cases unless they are cheap Chinese made or speck.

4. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

Incase makes hard cases but those have a satin texture too so they wouldn't display vinyls correctly. My friend got a Cosmos clear case off Amazon and it looks fine but for $10 I'd rather use Speck.

5. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

If you mean clear plastic hard-shells, then you probably will NOT want them. They tend to tarnish and turn yellow, not to mention they make your fancy MacBook Pro and its decals look and feel very cheap.

6. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

Hard cases don't turn yellow out of the blue, they get scuffed and scratched but this "yellowing" effect only applies to those clear malleable films ie. Zagg

7. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

I've seen plenty of transparent hard-shells turn from no color to yellow.
    Colored translucent hard-shells will scratch a lot, and those scratches will be easily visible.
    Zagg is absolute trash. Do not buy.

Bottom line is, if you're going to use a case of some sort, you will sacrifice looks for safety. Of course the best compromise is the neoprene sleeve, where it will keep your MBP free of scratches and will let it go as naked as you want.

8. Minhthien macrumors 6502

check this out!

Attached Files:

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have decals on my computer; I never bother with covers; seems to always get in the way.

That's anything but see-through.