Good silicone case for iPhone 2g?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by piblondin, Jul 6, 2009.

1. piblondin macrumors member

I'm looking for a good black silicone case for my iPhone 2g. The phone has a BestSkinsEver protector on the front and back, but I'm looking for something to protect against drops. I picked up a cheap case on the street in New York, but it attracted a lot of pocket lint and didn't fit quite right. The area of the case on the front of the phone around the speaker and the home button is sort of baggy and doesn't completely touch the phone. So, I ordered an Incipio Dermashot case. However, it has the same problem and doesn't fit tight across the front. The part that stretches across the phone below the speaker sits a good eighth of an inch above the face of the phone without touching it. Did I just get a bad Incipio case and should ask for a replacement? Or is it common for this case to (not) fit like this?

2. piblondin thread starter macrumors member

3. tanster macrumors regular

tanster

[​IMG]

When I had my original iPhone, I used a Speck iPhone Skin Pro. Speck no longer sells this case, but I just found it here.

I would keep the phone in either my purse or jacket pocket, and it stayed pretty dust-free. Also, the case never stretched out like some silicone cases do.

It also comes with a clip that doubles as a stand.

Good luck! :)

4. piblondin thread starter macrumors member

Excellent! Thanks! I like Speck cases, and it looks like you're in the same city as their office.

5. tanster macrumors regular

tanster

That I am. I'm actually one block from the Speck corporate office. :)

6. jenny08 macrumors newbie

Try Griffin cases. My friend has one, and it works fine.