Good Skin Options

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tek210, Jun 11, 2010.

1. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

For the iPhone 4 I am thinking of getting some sort of graphical skin. Have checked out skinit.com but really can't find one I am crazy about. Any other suggestions for good skins?

2. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

ZAGGSkins..you can create your own skin..0

3. cherylzyx macrumors member

cherylzyx

If you sign up for their "Free iPad Giveaway" they will email you a coupon. They vary in amount up to 50% off. The one I got was for 40% off.

4. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

I have used both DecalGirl and Gelaskins skins on my iPhones and both are great. DecalGirl offers more choices in designs, IIRC, but the Gelaskins skins provide a little more coverage (at least on the iPhone 3G/3GS) than the DecalGirl ones. I think the DecalGirl skins are a little cheaper than the Gelaskins, but the quality of each is about the same.

5. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

Check my skin out plus a front screen protector for $20 shipped from ZAGG. After entering the iPad giveway, they sent me a 50% off coupon !!

Attached Files:

6. tek210 thread starter macrumors regular

tek210

Appreciate the info. Will check these guys out. Maybe I should think about doing a create my own with some of the cool wallpapers out there.

CANNOT WAIT for the 24th. Wish there was a way I could bribe the fedex driver to put me first on his list.

7. tek210 thread starter macrumors regular

tek210

Kind of bummed, I liked a couple of the skins at DecalGirl, but I checked with them and iPhone 4 skins will not be available until 2 weeks AFTER the release date. Might have to get something in the meantime.

8. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

Am I the only one who can't get the zagg create your own function to save it to the checkout cart?

9. mistertomlinson macrumors 6502

DecalGirl.

Just installed it and it was worth every penny. It looks even better than I thought it was and the pieces are 99.9 % accurate. You can see just a sliver of antenna along the sides if you look closely, but I probably could have done a better job.

The DecalGirl comes with a piece for the home button, but I'm not so sure they intended for it to be used as the home button. I think they just didn't bother removing the cutout. Using it makes the home button kinda spongy.

It actually looks better in person, but I decided the front vinyl wasn't my taste so I removed it and only left the back and sides.

As for the reception problem, I was convinced it helped a lot, at first... I can always go from 5 bars to 1 holding the phone in my palm, but after installing the skin, I could only get it down to 4 bars. I was thrilled, but a second stab at it and I was able to lose all but one bar.

(I plan to copy and paste this in a couple other threads, word for word, but I don't work for DecalGirl. I have seen very little info on the iPhone 4 DecalGirl skins, so I thought I'd contribute by sharing my experience)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Another DecalGirl user here--iPhone 4, original iPhone, MBP, iPad, and Kindle. Always high quality, and they're the only one I've seen that offer a matte finish option. The matte is nice--no glare, no fingerprints, and it adds a bit of grip to the phone and iPad.