Good Slideshow Program/App?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MacAttackKev, Aug 18, 2014.

1. MacAttackKev macrumors member

Hello Everyone,

My good friend's birthday is coming up and I was thinking of giving her a slideshow as a gift. Anyone have suggestions on a good free program?

I'd also like to burn it into a DVD, to play during the event. Unfortunately I don't have an external dvd burner on my air, so most likely I'll be using a window's desktop to burn it. So also hoping it's compatible with windows

Anyone good any suggestions/advice?

Thanks! :)

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

For the slideshow you have iMovie. Will do a great job for you with an intro, transitions and a trailer at the end. You can then save the slideshow as an mp4 file.

Not sure about the next suggestion, as it has been what feels like a millennium since I have used a pc to burn a dvd, so not certain what file format is required for burning a dvd on a pc. But if I am correct.

Bring that mp4 file to your windows machine and convert it to a wmv file for burning to a dvd. Lots of free mp4 file converters around for windows. Once converted then burn your dvd.

3. MacAttackKev thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice! I was trying to avoid imovie. I haven't used that in years haha, but I will look into it!

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Give iPhoto a try. Not as versatile as iMovie in terms of titles etc, but you can add music and export as a movie file for burning to dvd.

5. geomiga macrumors newbie

FotoMagico is a really great program. Does so much more than the iPhoto slideshow feature.

http://boinx.com/fotomagico/

6. MacAttackKev thread starter macrumors member

Wasn't aware iPhoto could do that! I quite like the simplicity of it!
    Thank you!