Good software for making leaflets?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FrozenShivers, Mar 16, 2015.

1. FrozenShivers macrumors member

Hello guys and gals, I'm a youth worker but my boss is wanting me to create some promotional material (leaflets for our youth clubs etc), I use my 2011 MBP at work so I'm looking for a solid entry level and cheap (work is fronting the cost) programme that is easy to use for leaflet making newbie such as myself, any recommendations would be much appreciated, thanks :)

2. shaunp macrumors 65816

Pages. It's free on the newer Macs, not sure how much it is on the App Store, but it's less than $20 from what I remember

3. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I second the suggestion of Pages. Depending upon the complexity, you may want to pick up the previous copy of iWork, for Pages 4.x. The older version has more features.

4. FrozenShivers thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the swift replies guys, I'll check out pages, my MBP is a 2011 model so doesn't come with iWork on it (I'm currently using Office for Mac), seems reasonable at £14.99 :)

5. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

Here is a link for lots of free iWork templates including flyers, brochures, leaflets:
    http://www.iworkcommunity.com/?c=7

6. dyt1983, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: To remove personally identifying information not relevant to the thread.

7. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Swift Publisher will do a good job for you. Easy to learn, many templates and cheap $29.95.

8. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Pages 5.x doesn't supported linked text boxes... that might not be an issue for the OP, but it is pretty important for any DTP-type work.

Thanks for suggesting Scribus. I know that I'm on "borrowed time" relying on Pages 4.x as there is sure to be a version of OSX that won't support it. This may provide an "exit strategy".

That's a good suggestion too. I didn't realize that Swift Publisher was available for OSX. Probably a great choice for anyone who is not very fluent with moderate/advanced WP or DTP usage.

9. FrozenShivers thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys, great replies, will check out the suggested options! :D