Good source of older, used Airs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by glitch44, Jul 7, 2011.

1. glitch44 macrumors 65816

Are there any online retailers you'd recommended for older (Rev A, B, C) Airs?

I need a computer that will only be used for text editing (no browser, no flash, no other apps) so it seems silly to buy a brand new Air with all the bells and whistles. I don't even mind minor cosmetic damage. The problem is ebay is a wasteland of overpriced Airs, completely broken ones, and possible scammers.

So where do I find a good old Air where I won't get scammed?

2. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

Apple stuff holds its value really well, About a year ago I was thinking of a rev a/b air for about £400-£500, but in the end opted for a new one. Dont regret it one bit, from what ive heard the old ones are terrible.

Unfortunately theres no such thing as a cheap apple laptop.

3. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

try craigslist.

but if youre really ONLY looking for a text editor, and nothing else, why not get a notes app for your ipad (or get an ipad if you dont have one). it seems kind of silly to shell out a premium price for a full laptop if all you want is to edit text. also, another suggestion, if you're not completely set on OSX to text edit in, I know you can definitely find a cheap windows netbook for a couple hundred bucks tops.

4. ebolamonkey3 macrumors regular

ebolamonkey3

Do you have to have an Apple laptop to take notes? If not, a cheap netbook will serve you just as well, and cost a lot less.

5. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

6. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

See if you can hold out until the new models are released, and wait for somebody to sell a mint one on Craigslist. If it doesn't have the original toys/box, it's probably not good enough (for me :p )