Good Speaker Docking system?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thunderwolf333, Jan 8, 2013.

1. thunderwolf333, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013

thunderwolf333 macrumors newbie

I currently have an ihome. I'm looking for something with better sound quality. people have recommend the bose sound dock but I feel bose can be overpriced. any suggestions?

im looking for something around the $100-300 range, has a remote, and can connect to the iphone. i dont need a clock, but that would be a bonus.

also I have an iphone 4, and I may upgrade to the 5 once it comes out for tmobile. i dont know if i should get a dock with a lightening connector, or just get the 30 pin and then get an adapter whenever i am able to get the 5.

thanks for the help!

2. danny0220 macrumors newbie

i use the Dr. Dre Beatbox (original). this connects through 3mm headphones jack through the back. the sound is AMAZING!!! but then again, i listen to a lot of dubstep and electro. BUT!!! i also listen to classical, 80's, and the occasional vocals by norah jones or even melody gardot. AND THEY ALL SOUND GREAT! one unit will run you in the $400 range, but i picked mine off of craigslist for $200 and haven't regretted it since. If you get the portable version, you can connect through bluetooh.

honestly, I was about to get the bose sound dock (torn between portable unit and the soundlink), which both sound GREAT, but i had to turn to the dark side.