Good SSD deals in the EU??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ciberkarlos, Apr 30, 2012.

1. ciberkarlos macrumors member

Hi everybody, i've read many posts alerting for really good SSD deals, but they all are from USA stores. I live in Spain, and with the shipment and taxes, it doesn't worth to buy from USA stores. Anyone knows a good deal (e.g., for the 256 gb Crucial m4) in any European Union store?? For example, on Amazon Spain the crucial m4+transfer kit is on 399$.

Thanks in advance!

2. neko77 macrumors newbie

Hi Carlos

Past week I bought an Intel 520 240 GB for 297 € (taxes included). You can also get a Crucial m4 256 GB for 269 €. Both at www.pccomponentes.com.

Look in amazon.co.uk. Shipping to Spain is free if you purchuase is above a certain amount (I think is about 25 €).

Regards.

3. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Among SSD Germany seems cheapest currently.
    http://geizhals.at/eu/?cat=hdssd&xf=252_184320~2028_262144~251_2.5"&sort=r
    Geizhals covers Austria, Germany, Poland, UK pretty well also France, Italy a little. I have never seen spanish shops listed but for the former countries geizhals is pretty much the best price comparison site.
    Usually Germany is the cheapest in Euro prices because it simply has the most competition, Poland is sometimes quite cheap and UK is also depending on the GBP exchange rate.
    Prices on geizhals include 20 or 19% VAT. You need to deduct that and add whatever Spain has to get to the real price. Also check whether the specific shop ships to Spain.

Usually shipping kills. From Austria Germany is usually cheap because there often is no shipping fee at all. My guess is a spanish store will get you the best price. Compare them to German prices if they aren't that different they are probably very good. Comparisons to US suck because they have no VAT. UK was great when GBP dropped to almost 1:1 on EUR from previously 1.5:1 now it is 1.2X and has been for a while so I doubt it gets you that much anymore.