Good Subversion client for Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by splashtech, Nov 20, 2007.

1. splashtech macrumors regular

I'm looking for a good (preferably free but beggars cant be choosers) Subversion client for Leopard. Currently I am using ZigVersion, which runs fine and is free but it regularly gets confused and does horrible things to my repository, or gets itself into a loop trying to check the status of items which dont exist and other horrible things.

I have searched around (here and general googling) and there are several clients but they either seem to be hideously ugly, old or missing features. I would really like to take a look at Versions but as yet it does not seem to exist! Whether it will make an appearance seems to be unknown.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what they use, or which they find to be the best? Ideally I'd like it to be a nice modern leopardy (is that a word?) app, and free, but more important than that I would like it to work. Properly.

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I've used the SVN plugin for Eclipse and it worked ok for me.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I'm also looking for a decent SVN client for Mac as I'm bored of the command line and I'd like something that is as good as Tortoise SVN for Windows.

I tried SVN X which seems OK, but it can't seem to find my SVN install, how do I find out where that is?

4. steveoc macrumors regular

I like Versions. It certainly isn't free, but it's a great app. Pricey but it certainly stands out from the rest.

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I only started using SVN seriously this semester at uni, but I came across Cornerstone, just like Versions, but seemed easier to use (for me).

6. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I'll update my year old response. I've used both Versions and Cornerstone and I personally like Cornerstone better. Both have free trials, so anyone still looking for SVN clients can give them a try.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

€39 and $69 (for versions and cornerstone respectively) is a bit more than I'd like to spend to be honest. I was thinking they'd be more like $20 or something, especially when Tortoise SVN for Windows is more than adequate and free.