Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
So I live here in southern cali, as i'm assuming some of us here in the forums do and I'm planning on going surfing tomorrow and/or thursday.

Got the old' surfboard out of storage and want to hit up a good beach to surf at.

I used to have a longboard that I used to take out to Laguna Beach, by Thalia St. to surf. It would go well considering it was a longboard.

I then got a shortboard, about 6'1" I believe..while i'm a pretty short guy at 5'1"...

I'm new to the shortboard so know I won't be catching as many waves as I did with the easier shortboard. Nevertheless would like to hit up a good beach...

Seal Beach is meh. Huntington is nice but always get the vibe only locals and experienced surfing go there. Laguna is kinda farther for me, as would be Oceanside.

Etc.

Santa Monica, iono...iono.

Anywho...........recommendations?

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I don't surf myself, but I do live in a beach city and always see tons of surfers in Manhattan Beach by the pier. I've been told by friends that it is halfway decent and good for beginners/out of practice and pretty laid back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.