Good them apples... (old and new RMB content)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by zippster, Apr 20, 2016.

1. zippster macrumors regular

zippster

so the story goes... last year i was hesitant when i bought a macbook pro retina 13" a month before they announced the new one (with force touch etc) and the apple guy said if they release a new one bring it back and were exchange it for the new model.. sure enough a month later they did! AWSOME i had a new new MBP..

so in February 2016 i decided the MBP was too big for me and i wasn't really using it to its potential (and it wasn't gold) so i convinced myself i needed a new Gold retina macbook 12" and i was to sell my MBP.. five minutes later MBP was sold but i decided to wait for any announcements in the march event before buying the macbook 12".. however 'can't wait, won't wait' kicked in and march 8th i bought the 1.2/512 gold macbook. LOVE IT !!!

I've been following the rumours very closely and was sure they were going to do a silent speed bump(i did expect this post march event but hey ho) and was surprised yesterday when i got home from work they had!!

i went into the store today(6 weeks after said purchase) and did the same again without any quibble.. YAY! I've actually ordered the BTO 1.3/512/gold to arrive in the store next week so i can just go and collect it during my lunchtime..

i just wanted to share this as this is superb customer service and makes me want to keep going back for more and not worrying about holding back buying until the new products land. i was talking to the chap today and he did say that although the 15days refund policy is in place they do unofficially allow a month or so should a new product get announced ..

either way.. second time around they have not failed to deliver!!

Happy as ****.. but now macbookless :S..

Cheers

Andy..

2. Mcdevidr macrumors 6502a

It just amazes me that this thing (the option you chose) costs as much as the 27 inch refurb iMac I bought, which was my first apple computer purchase. I had a 12 inch but ultimately i found I did not need OSX and got an iPad pro 12.9 to use instead. Enjoy your new device really hard to beat it in portability even compared to the ipad pro.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I will say you have a really good apple store. I cannot see most honoring something like this. 30 days, maybe.