Good time buy 2015 Macbook Pro - need advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by codefinder, Oct 18, 2015.

1. codefinder macrumors newbie

Mar 30, 2011
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering is it a good time to buy a new Retina Macbook Pro?
  2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Oct 24, 2013
    If you need one it's a good time if you don't it's not.

We should see, skylake rMBP's next march/april time, with a possible redesign but thats just conjecture at the moment. If you can wait without impacting your work you may want to, if you can't, then now is a great time to buy a refurb at a knock down price.
  3. codefinder thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 30, 2011
    yeah I could probably get by with my macbook air for now and my home PC. Decisions decisions, lol.
  4. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

Aug 31, 2015
    Everyone here will give you basically the same advice (good advice, I might say) but I'll add my experience: I just bought one last week. There is always a new Apple product around the corner, and if the rumors suggested we'd see a new model this fall, I would have held off. Given that they just announced Mac refreshes, I don't expect to see anything this spring and, for me, it's worth owning it for these next 5-6 months. Just my $0.02.
  5. masands macrumors regular

Sep 17, 2010
    I purchased a 2015 rMBP yesterday. I got $500 off RRP so I decided Skylake can't be that much better can it? At best, we'll see better iGPUs and maybe a couple of hours extra battery. The 2015 rMBP already gets 10+ hours so an extra couple of hours doesn't really matter to me.

However, knowing Apple, they'll make it thinner, lighter and keep battery the same.