Good time for iPhone?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dudeitseddy, Nov 29, 2007.

1. dudeitseddy macrumors member

Yesterday I posted this http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=393982. After the posts I decided the iPhone is a best choice. Now that I just saw the new headline that says theres a 3G coming in 2008 im not sure what to do. If you my other thread you will see that I broke my phone and why its so hard for me to choose what to do. Is it worth waiting with a broken phone? Is there anyways i can trade it later on?

2. VespR macrumors regular

Personally I think you should wait. I'm in the UK and I've wanted one since it was announced in January, however I've opted out of buying into an 18 month contract until they resolve issues with the "phone" part of the device. There are lots of things I can do on my k810i that just blows the iphone out of the water with regards to its "phone" capabilities, which in my opinion should be the most important aspect of it.

And let's not forget the iPhone is also now nearly a year old. And before anyone says, it was released in July, the current hardware for the device was announced in January. They were simply working on the software end for the 6 months after. I'm pretty sure Macworld will see a brief chat on the iphone (hopefully they'll spend the majority talking about MACS), and announcement of iPhone V2. All the carriers have been put in place, so whenever it's ready it'll be a worldwide rollout with a view for Jobs hitting his 10mill target.

3. dudeitseddy thread starter macrumors member

Ya your right. Remember my phone is has cracked screen however. Its usable cause i can make and recieve calls since it was voice activation but I dont wanna wait til summer. Is it possible that since like you said the software is more ready now that it will be released in January? The most id be willing to wait for is March since its my birthday and itll be easy to ask my parents for it.