Good time to buy a 15" MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Killerteve, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Killerteve macrumors newbie

I'm looking to buy a 15" MacBook Pro, and the buyer's guide on here doesn't have many details so I was hoping for some more advice. First off, is there any reason I shouldn't buy right now as far as forthcoming hardware upgrades? Second, does anyone foresee any price cuts in the next few months because of the economy?

Also, what updates did the 15" receive with the latest round in January?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I doubt you will see a price cut on what is really a luxury item.
    Now is a good time to buy, why? Well why not?

Overall, many of your questions about what updates there have been can probably be found via google.

3. oscillatewildly macrumors 68000

What are the consequences if you don't buy now?

4. Killerteve thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I should have expected someone would tell me to use the search button, but sometimes I like to take advantage of the ppl who like to share their knowledge. In answer to the other question, there is no consequence to not buying now, except that I wouldn't have it to use in class. Let's put it this way, I'm not gonna wait till next fall, so does anyone have knowledge of changes that would be worth waiting for between now and June?

5. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

We do not know what is coming. The best advice always is: If you need it now, get it now, if you do not, wait until you do need it.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Buy it now, as it is doubtful to see any significant improvement for quite awhile.

7. SummerBoy macrumors regular

SummerBoy

Well apple is ezpected to upgradevmacbool pro with quadxore and mor eranb Jesus haagahagagahahahahha

8. Killerteve thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice. I will likely be ordering this asap.

9. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

There might be a bump to the processor speed over the next few months, but that's about it. The next major revision would be for i7 (if Apple goes that route), but we won't see that until fall (after the back to school promotions end) at the earliest.

The only thing that would make waiting worth it is for a processor update and possibly options for matt screen. However, those are a long shot and it's probably not worth waiting for.