Good time to buy a new MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NanoMeko, Mar 24, 2009.

1. NanoMeko macrumors member

Buyer's guide says Buy only if you need it.

Recommendations? Haven't heard of new ones coming out any time soon.

Thanks!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's just "approaching the end of the cycle" since–you're right–there have been NO rumors for MONTHS.

There won't be a worthy upgrade until Q1 2010. Buy whenever you want until then.

3. svndmvn Guest

probably not the best time for the base 2.4 MBP, get the 2.66GHz one or the 2.93 if you can afford it, these two options have been added (upgraded) a few weeks ago.

4. chill. macrumors 6502

I think now would be a great time to buy a new MBP. They just came out in October and initial buyers have had a few months to test and tinker around with them and such. I think this generation has been relatively free of major defects, and the next upgrade will be at least several months coming

5. iMacmatician macrumors 601

CPU-wise, yes. But if there is a interim update then I can see some other specs improving significantly.

6. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I have to agree with chill. If you're looking for a unibody, they're at the point where the kinks are discovered and working out. If you're looking for the "old" model, the price is damned fine. There are 5 different 17" models going for less than $2k right now.

7. NanoMeko thread starter macrumors member

to be more specific

Thanks for the replies so far.

To be more specific I'm asking about the new 15 inches: 2.4GHz.