Good time to buy an ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by singh, Jul 24, 2008.

1. singh macrumors newbie

Im planning on picking up an ipod touch 32gb from ebay.. i've looked on the buyers guide and it says wait...
    im just wondering if its a good time to get one.:confused::confused:

2. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

There are hundreds of these pointless threads, use the search button!

3. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

No, it is not a good time to buy the ipod touch if you can wait. ipods are normally updated in September for the holiday season.

PLEASE - When starting a thread like this, try using the search first, so many other people have asked this question. Really, you even answered your own question by mentioning the guide said it was not a good time to buy, trust the guides, they are your friend.

4. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

"Product Mac mini
    Recommendation: Don't Buy - Updates soon"

And this is exactly why you SHOULDN'T trust the buyers guide.

5. singh thread starter macrumors newbie

exactly..i ask in these forums for a second opinion.
    I did use the search button, and reading questions similar to mine is a "pointless" task as i asked is it a good time to buy NOW..not 2 months ago.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

There are at least two other threads on the first page asking this question, one called "New iPod Touch?" and one called something like "Wait until September?" Maybe they didn't show up in the search, but it seems to me that scanning the first page for threads that might relate to your question is always a good idea.

7. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

I understand that not all buyer's guides will be absolutely accurate. The mac mini is a product that doesn't historically have a standard revision timeline. The ipods on the other hand almost always see revisions in september.

8. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

I wouldn't go so far as to say its pointless to make a thread like this, but this a question that's been beaten to death, then kicked a few times. I've seen at least 5 threads the exact same as this on the iPod Touch forum started in the last week.

I do mean AT LEAST 5. It's probably more.