Good time to buy an ipod?

jeff_siler

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
My mom wants to buy me a cool gadget for my college gradation gift. After looking into the PSP, i don't want to touch em after all of the dead pixel problems I have heard about.

I would like to finally get an ipod. Is this week a good time to get one, or am I better off waiting a couple for wwdc info to come out?

thanks so much.

jeff

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Wait till after WWDC, iPod updates are very possible. Still, I would not call you an "idiot" if you bought one now, but waiting till after WWDC would be the smart choice. Sure, the current iPods are freakin awesome ( I own one, I know), but the updated ones will be even more so.

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
dmw007 said:
Still, I would not call you an "idiot" if you bought one now,
Why not? :D. There have been some rumors of new iPods, with some great new technologies. I know they seem far away, but they have to rlease them sometime. Why would you buy an iPod three days before there's a chance of new ones coming out. If you bought it online, you might not even get it before the new ones came out...

paperinacup

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2005
Well considering they have a warehouse full of iPods and sales have slowed its kind of hard to predict what Apple is going to do in this situation. Its about time for the 20gb to go but they need to clear out the stock first.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Let's hope (for those about to buy) that Apple wants to get rid of that inventory and prices them right. Still, wouldn't kill you to wait a few days (IMHO) ;)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
It's tough to say. On the one hand, there have been some iPod rumors floating around, and they could be due for an update, however on the other hand, iPod stock levels are very high right now, and sales are slowing - I'm not sure if Apple would want to introduce a new model and essentially take a huge write-down on the "old" iPod stock.

Regardless, it is only a few days before WWDC, so you might as well wait until then. :cool: