Good time to buy apple watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by SestoElemento, Aug 16, 2016.

1. SestoElemento macrumors newbie

Finally decided to get an apple watch. Is it a good time to do so? Ebay seems to have new watches at around $275. Is it worth it buying one or should I pay the full price at an apple store?Any recommendations?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No need to pay full prices at this point considering that it's a 1.5 year old product. Look around for discounts.

3. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Agree, crazy to pay full price. I bought a mint 1 month old complete in box 42mm on ebay for $220 with black woven band.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

With the new Gen 2 Watch around the corner, you will see a large majority of People wanting to sell new Watches for half the cost off of eBay. You might even find some Watches that have Apple Care attached as an added bonus.

Which model did you find for $275.00? The Sport Watch?

Good luck.

5. SestoElemento thread starter macrumors newbie

I found the Sport... There are one's for much lesser as well. Just worried about the risk.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Your also protected through EBay. I would just research the seller history for feedback and longevity. Good luck.

7. Leo90 macrumors 6502

I bought a 3 months old stainless steel AW with milanese loop (the model I always craved for) for 280 pounds on gumtree (320 pounds less than retail price). The watch is pristine and the person who sold me said he barely used it. Basically you can get really nice deals, so it is the perfect time to buy an used AW.

8. Freida macrumors 65816

Wait till iPhone event and then decide! Don't buy anything now as that is simply a silly idea!

9. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I bought one a few weeks ago, 42mm Sport w/ white and black Apple bands for $200 (guy was asking $250). Bought knowing I would probably sell it and buy the new one when it came out.

I know it's hard to be patient but at this point it's probably best to wait. If you can't wait then be patient and wait for a deal. watchOS 3 will make the current watches run a lot better.

10. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Yea, I would definitely wait now for the best version that we assume will be next month. If it is just a little faster and better battery, you could get a first gen for $150 or maybe less for a sport.

11. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

1. Something new and better is always around the corner, if you want one now, get one off of Swappa.

12. Freida macrumors 65816

Dude, its just few weeks away! (if rumours are correct) so buying now is pure stupidity (unless you get amazing deal but there will be better ones when AW2 is out).

13. MDePew24 macrumors regular

MDePew24

I bought mine (42 SS) for $300 with milanese loop because it was a good deal and I wanted to see if I liked the product. I do so I might either sell mine and get the new watch depending on what it has. I would then give my current watch to a family member.

14. SestoElemento thread starter macrumors newbie

15. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Best Buy usually has a sale on some models. In particular, 38mm steel with black sports band has been at $350 for months now.