Good time to buy macbook pro ??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xxjrsmith3xx, Sep 15, 2015.

1. xxjrsmith3xx macrumors member

xxjrsmith3xx

So i see right now i can get a macbook pro R display for 1302 with taxes (NYC) and a pair of beats for free. So question is best time to get a macbook or its better to wait ?? Thanks!

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

3. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

If you're a tinfoil hat wearer like I am, Skylake has a few negative features. One of which being an area in the CPU that can run code independent of, and hidden from the operating system.

Depending on your perspective, now may be a great time to buy.

4. nope7308, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015

nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

The answer depends on what you value most from a MBP.

If you're all about design, then you should probably wait for the refresh in early-2016. When the new model is released, the old one will look dated by comparison. Skylake will offer some advantages such as better graphics and battery life, but I doubt it will be monstrous improvements for the average user.

On the flip side, the current model has been refined over many iterations, so you know exactly what you're getting. You don't have to worry about any wrinkles that can sometimes accompany first-gen machines, and you won't have any connectivity issues either (think USB-C).

I just purchased a 13" MBP for work, but I'd probably wait until 2016 if I was purchasing it for personal use. To each their own.