Good Time to Buy MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by asrref, Aug 16, 2009.

1. asrref macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm wondering if it is a good time to buy a macbook pro 17". I am wondering if it will be easy to upgrade to Snow Leopard and if any new machines (even minor updates) are likely to be seen soon. Will we see any increased HDD or SSD capacities soon? I know toshiba has a 512 gb ssd laptop already.

Thanks for any advice!

2. r0x0r macrumors newbie

Stop threating and just get it.

I've just got my 13" umbp and I love it. Apparently hardware updates are due early(ish) next year or somthing. But if you always thought like this you'd wait forever. After reading stuff in this forum i'm glad I didn't opt for a SSD.

Snow leopard is easy to get hold off, you fill in a form online and when its released they will send you a copy. In the UK it costs us £7 i think.

Seriously, get it now and love it forever.

3. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

4. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

FACT!

Shambo is actually SJ's alter-ego. Clearly he knows his stuff, so take his advice and wait.

5. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Hard drive and optical drive capacity are hardly a reason to hold off buying a laptop. You can upgrade either internally or by just getting an external. With a regular HDD, you're better off using the 500GB for now and waiting a year or year and a half for the capacities to increase and prices to fall. Even if Apple offers more SSD options, they will probably not be the biggest and fastest due to costs. so you're better off doing it yourself anyway.

Snow Leopard is a $10 upgrade if you buy a Mac now.

6. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

knows how to predict stuff that will never happen

7. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

they will release powerbook G5 at tuesday, hold on.

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

If you look at the Buyer's Guide - MacBook Pros havea pretty regular 8 month cycle. likely to get the significant update/ refresh in February time.

9. Iphone3gs macrumors 6502

If you got loads of money which you dont mind wasting..then buy now....

or if your trying to save money..then..

buy refrubished from Apple store...prices have been droping.

Or wait till next update if you already have a computer that will last you long enough.

Im waiing for the next update on Macbook Air....it will be much better,efficeint,,faster and maybe even cheaper...