Good time to buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by soctechnologist, Oct 21, 2008.

1. soctechnologist macrumors member

I'm considering the iPhone 3G, better late than never... However in looking at the MacRumors buying guide I was interested to see they they suggest buying now only if necessary as the product is reaching the end of cycle. I haven't been paying a lot of attention to the iPhone cycles, is an update really likely in the short term? Maybe a 32GB version? Anyone think there's really a significant iPhone update in the near term?

Thanks for the thoughts.

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

The only significant change in the iPhone in the (relatively) near future would be a bump from 16GB to 32GB...maybe. It is all just speculation at this point. If you are comfortable with 16GB (as I am) then yes, now would be a good time to buy. If you just have to have 32GB then you might want to give it a month or so to see if an announcement is made just in time for Christmas.

3. soctechnologist thread starter macrumors member

Thanks... yeah I sort of thought the only pending update might be a bump up to 32GB. I just thought I'd see if there were any other likely possibilities that I had missed. Cheers.

4. pdaviesoz macrumors newbie

pdaviesoz

32Gb soon

I was told by an Optus Australia employee that they are preparing for the 32GB iphone already, and it may be just weeks away. She actually advised me NOT to jump on the current models.

5. soctechnologist thread starter macrumors member

Interesting. I'm not really holding out for the 32GB myself, 8 or 16 would be fine for me. I wonder though how a 32GB would effect prices...

6. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Hah, foreign sale distribution channel with valid information. That would be a first.

7. erikpmort macrumors regular

erikpmort

yeah

yes this is what has me thinking as well. I am ready to make the purchase, but i would really like to see more memory and i feel this is the weakest feature of the phone at this time, at least considering the huge amount of memory sizes available now. Its the easiest upgrade they could make, and i want it!

8. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

the other models would stay the same and the 32 would be 100$ more or something like that (just imo)