Good timing to replace my old MBP 1.83?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tears Apart, Sep 14, 2009.

  1. Tears Apart macrumors 6502a

    Tears Apart

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2009
    Location:
    Outside Closer
    #1
    Hi all!

    I know how these kind of questions become obsolete before even asking them, anyway...

    I have the first MBP 15'' ever released, and since three years it gives me so much satisfaction and still works very well.

    I want to replace it with a UMBP 17'' (matte). Do you think it is an appropriate time to make the step (considering I plan to keep it at least 3 years as well) or do you think it's worth to wait some months for the new revision of the line?

    Thanks to whom is willing to give me an opinion.
     
  2. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

    chaosbunny

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Location:
    down to earth, far away from any clouds
    #2
    Since your machine is not bad at all and working well I'd wait for mid 2010 with quad core notebook chips and usb3 on the horizon.
     
  3. electroshock macrumors 6502a

    electroshock

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2009
    #3
    If you're still happy with your MBP, why not wait some more, until the passion / love affair with it finally cools off? :) That will help maximize what you get with a new Mac as well as maximizing the original MBP investment.
     

Share This Page