Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rendezvous

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2012
I have kept my macbook for years. When I bought it, they helped me install the screen protector film. Now, i want to change it. Is it good to buy one like this 5 in 1 Protection Shield Set for Apple MacBook Pro 13" online and install it by myself. i think it convinient to take my mac to ask professionals for help. and i want to have a try. by the way, any skills or advice?

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
its all about the tools you have available, I put on screen protectors about 12-18 times a day at work. I do very well there, but at home if I were to try I would simply fail. Try using the invisashield squeegee. That works miracles. Some squeegees leave marks or slight scratches.

obsidian1200

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
I'm not sure about that particular protector, but I've been using a moshi screen protector (I don't think mine was called the iVisor, but it's definitely the same deal) for my 15" MBP since I bought it nearly 3 years ago. Dead simple installation and very easy to remove and adjust should your first attempt not go so well.

NbinHD

macrumors 6502
As obsidian1200 said I also have never heard of the brand and you are probably better off shelling out the extra cash for a well known brand such as Spigen SGP. SGP are known for there awesome and easy screen shields and come with all the necessary tools to do it right, although they do cost a fair bit more then the average screen shield its worth it. When installing the shield yourself just make sure you do some independent research on how to apply them and make sure you don't press to hard on the screen when getting rid of the bubbles with the card, and its not a bad idea to have some Scotch sticky tape on hand so that any dust that may get onto the screen protector when installing can be removed, just lift the screen protector up and remove the dust with the sticky tape. You actually might be able to buy the screen shield and go into a Apple store and see if one of the many employees can install it for you. Good luck.

rendezvous

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2012
I'm not sure about that particular protector, but I've been using a moshi screen protector (I don't think mine was called the iVisor, but it's definitely the same deal) for my 15" MBP since I bought it nearly 3 years ago. Dead simple installation and very easy to remove and adjust should your first attempt not go so well.
"Dead simple installation and very easy to remove and adjust should your first attempt not go so well." if it is true, that's what i want. many times when i install screen protector on my cell phone, i would find that it would left vestige or stamp when i try to remove and adjust should my first attempt not go so well.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Every screen protector that I've seen leaves horrible blotches on the screen after it is removed. I don't see why you would want to do this. There is OCD and there is crazy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.