Good to Do app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by markelim, Aug 15, 2010.

1. markelim macrumors member

Hi guys, ive been using evernote for a long time and with the new school year i think i need some change. I was going to purchase Things but the costs are just to great for the ipad/iphone/mac. Can someone recommend me a alternative to Evernote. The app should be able to sync effortlessly with ipad/mac/iphone automatically or manually, possibly have push notifications(not necessary). Please get back to me on this Thanks.

2. spiritlevel macrumors 6502

Personally I'd recommend Omnifocus. Not cheap but does everything it should and does it well including very good syncing between multiple macs and iPhone.

I gave up on things because the promised online sync never came.

3. markelim thread starter macrumors member

oh ok, i understand as ive been searching for the perfect to do app for a long time but usually they dont sync back to the mac from the iphone. ill give omnifocus a look

4. tdgrn macrumors 6502

5. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

I love Things. I too, however, I am growing tired of waiting for online syncing.

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

7. Macloven macrumors regular

Macloven

I've been using toodledo for a couple of months now and very happy with it. Syncs with phone quickly, and very flexible recurrences, etc. I'm on a droid phone, but played with it on my touch and it works well on that too.

mg

8. calb macrumors 6502

Out of interest, is there something specific you need that Evernote can't handle?

9. chrisandersen macrumors 6502

chrisandersen

10. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I have searched and searched and not found anything yet. I am hopeful that having To Dos in the cloud on CalDAV now will allow someone to make and iPhone app to access iCal To Dos.

11. TechNovice macrumors newbie

Omnifocus is the Best so Far

So far I have found Omnifocus to be the best option. It does cost $$$ but the cloud syncing feature does wonders for my productivity.

I have also tried Things - as the interface is very appealing. But I could never remember to sync over wifi - and as a result would become disorganized.

I wish Apple would integrate a syncable to do functionality in iCal - it seems like such a basic feature.