Good to Do app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by markelim, Aug 15, 2010.

1. markelim macrumors member

Aug 2, 2010
    Hi guys, ive been using evernote for a long time and with the new school year i think i need some change. I was going to purchase Things but the costs are just to great for the ipad/iphone/mac. Can someone recommend me a alternative to Evernote. The app should be able to sync effortlessly with ipad/mac/iphone automatically or manually, possibly have push notifications(not necessary). Please get back to me on this Thanks.
  2. spiritlevel macrumors 6502

Nov 5, 2007
    Personally I'd recommend Omnifocus. Not cheap but does everything it should and does it well including very good syncing between multiple macs and iPhone.

I gave up on things because the promised online sync never came.
  3. markelim thread starter macrumors member

Aug 2, 2010
    oh ok, i understand as ive been searching for the perfect to do app for a long time but usually they dont sync back to the mac from the iphone. ill give omnifocus a look
  4. tdgrn macrumors 6502

May 1, 2008
    Little Rock, AR
  5. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

Sep 29, 2006
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    I love Things. I too, however, I am growing tired of waiting for online syncing.
  6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

Jul 30, 2007
  7. Macloven macrumors regular

Aug 25, 2008
    I've been using toodledo for a couple of months now and very happy with it. Syncs with phone quickly, and very flexible recurrences, etc. I'm on a droid phone, but played with it on my touch and it works well on that too.

8. calb macrumors 6502

Mar 12, 2009
    Out of interest, is there something specific you need that Evernote can't handle?
  9. chrisandersen macrumors 6502

Sep 6, 2008
  10. Weaselboy Moderator

Staff Member

Jan 23, 2005
    I have searched and searched and not found anything yet. I am hopeful that having To Dos in the cloud on CalDAV now will allow someone to make and iPhone app to access iCal To Dos.
  11. TechNovice macrumors newbie

May 26, 2009
    Omnifocus is the Best so Far

So far I have found Omnifocus to be the best option. It does cost $$$ but the cloud syncing feature does wonders for my productivity.

I have also tried Things - as the interface is very appealing. But I could never remember to sync over wifi - and as a result would become disorganized.

I wish Apple would integrate a syncable to do functionality in iCal - it seems like such a basic feature.