good vendors for new iPad 3 battery?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by maxmiles, Mar 23, 2013.

1. maxmiles macrumors member

Hi folks,

Anyone know of any reputable battery resellers besides iFixit? they are currently out of stock on iPad 3+4 batteries.

I was just replacing the front assembly on my iPad, trying to get the last bits of glue off, and mistakenly gouged a corner of the battery. :( So now I'll be replacing that too.

Amazon (and resellers there) isn't selling batteries for the 3 and 4. Batterybuy.com has some bad reviews. I don't want to get a second rate part that might not even be compatible.

cheers, m

2. maxmiles thread starter macrumors member

pict of gouge..

Attached Files:

3. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

I hope you got that out of the house etc. lithium batteries can and often do combust when punctured and not always right off. Remember that smoking iPhone in Australia. Same thing can happen. You don't want that anywhere in your house

And then there's the irony that you are now spending like $250 on parts to fix your iPad (and destroy all service from Apple) on a unit that they would have likely replaced for $300

4. maxmiles thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the caution.. I took it out of the chassis now rather than later. And yeah, at least with an iPad the risks to first time repair attempts is too high. I'm actually giving the iPad away as a gift, but wanted to fix the crack first. LOL

5. Apple Techs macrumors member

You are very lucky with that battery if you repair an ipad again be more careful I have seen those lithium batteries go up in a plume of smoke...happened at a shop I was training someone at...you tell them a million times where the battery is and they SEE it on other repairs yet they still can clip it...the jobs for some but not for others

you should easily be able to find a battery though....