good video converter for iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djsound, Jan 29, 2008.

1. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

can someone recommend one? Im usually just converting from an .avi file. I was told the iphone video dimentions are something like 480 x 320? I tried Handbrake but no luck. Every time I open a file it says 'No Valid Title Found'. Some also told me about Visualhub but I dont see anywhere on it's site that it converts to Iphone size........so what do you guys recommend? thanks

2. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

try finding a program called iSquint . its on the net somewhere.. it works really good. i think i got it from download.com

espo

3. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

ya the makers of Visualhub also make Isquint I think........I wonder what the difference is...

4. mrtune macrumors 6502a

Visualhub does convert to iphone specific size. Works fantastic! I use it all the time.

[​IMG]

5. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

ah cool.!! .....and its only $20....i think i can afford that hehe

6. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

visual hub and handbrake are all you need

7. scotty588 macrumors 6502

Visualhub by far is the best converter app I have ever used. I can throw anything at it and it will convert it exactly how I want it. I know ffmpeg is the brains behind it but they did a good job with the gui. Anyone know a good ffmpeg based converter for Windows when I am not on my Mac?

8. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I am on windows and I use the jodix free converter. Thats right its free and it made to convert for the iPhone/iPod. Works great.

www.jodix.com

9. TaylorDog macrumors newbie

I don't have an iPhone yet, but this was one of my biggest questions/concerns. So after you convert a file using one those programs, how do you transfer it to the iPhone? Through iTunes? Bluetooth?

Also, the above program can get an .avi file that you've downloaded onto the iPhone, what if you have a DVD and want to get it on the phone, is that possible?

10. snook911 macrumors 6502a

As far as putting it on the iPhone once its converted its as easy as dragonf and dropping the newly converted file ( you can delete the original) into iTunes and syncing it over.

To get a DVD on the iPhone you will need some ripping software I use Nero. Once its ripped just convert drop into iTunes and sync.