Good video that sums it all up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by motime, Oct 28, 2016.

1. motime macrumors 6502

--- Post Merged, Oct 28, 2016 ---
    I feel bad for the Irish, it is bad enough Apple owes you billions in evaded taxes.

2. projectfx macrumors 6502

1. based on my receipt from early 2015 when i bought my mac book pro, a comparable model is the same price now. This could be dependent on the configuration. mine would be 15 inch, 16gb, 1tb ssd, standalone graphics.

2. if you don't know by now that when you get an apple you are not paying for cutting edge components, you shouldn't get one. with that being said, cutting edge components are only as good as the design, interoperability and the ability for the software to use the hardware efficiently. I have a 4000 dollar desktop with a $1000 video card, 32 gigs of ram, a 4k display, etc... and i would take my macbook for anything other than intensive gaming (including the display).

to each their own, but apple stuff is really not for everyone.

3. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Watched for 2:30...nothing I cant figure out for myself. Sorry I financially supported this Youtuber!

4. Abaganov, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Principle...I like YouTube for reviews. That wasn't a review. But that is fine.

6. idunn macrumors 6502

A brief excerpt from this video . . .

"It's a fancy white elephant once again. It's extortionately overpriced. It's underpowered. It's neutered, and it's inconvenient. Okay, it's all of those things.

Who the hell is going to buy this?"

7. samcraig macrumors P6

It will sell because it's new and because if you want OSX, what choice do you have?

8. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Millions! YoutTuber just out to make money - he was annoying. Some valid points - but he simply is an idiot and annoying. Rather read logical complaints in this forum.

9. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Why is he an idiot?

10. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Was too harsh...just annoying. The picture of him on the video is almost enough evidence to call him an idiot. :)

11. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Too harsh how? You said he made valid points. Not really understanding your point here. Unless you just don't like his personality. I guess that's it. But either way, he was right to be frustrated in what he said. I didn't find it to be hyperbole

12. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

I was too harsh. I just didn't find any value in the video...well the first 2:30 is all I could bare. I just don't like annoying YouTuber that don't really provide information just their personal rants.

13. altair7 macrumors member

Um he actually was 100% correct. It is extremely overpriced, underpowered, and requires a handful of dongles to operate.

The only complaint I would have is that really the base 13" model is supposed to replace the MBA not the old entry MBP so really it's a $400 price increase not a $200 increase. The 15" is definitely a $400 increase and that's the US prices. In Ireland, that amounts to around an $800 increase in price!