Good vnc/remote app to connect to windows 7

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by VideoBeagle, Aug 21, 2010.

1. VideoBeagle macrumors 6502a

So, I have a pc running Win 7 connected to my tv.
    I use it for videos (media. Player. Classic) and browser video like Huku or Netflix.

I have a vnc server running on it...tightvnc currently, previously ultravnc, and connect to it from one of my macs to control it.

I'd like to use my iPad.

I've tried vnc lite with some limited success. Other ones don't seem to connect at all.

For this kind of limited use, I'd prefer free or cheap apps.

Can anyone make a suggestion on how best to proceed? Either an app... Or a whole other remote system, perhaps?

2. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

It's definitely not free, but it's the BEST app for controlling either a Mac *or* PC that I've used - LogMeIn Ignition. It costs $30, but is *well* worth it. I only need the basics myself, so I created a free Logmein account (they have subscription-based accounts also, like if you're at a remote location you can log in to access a file and print it to your local printer, stuff like that.)

I don't need to use it often, but when I do, it's extremely easy, and you can set the display resolution/colors used in case it's a little slow (which it normally isn't.)

I had tried a few VNC apps but they were all dreadfully slow compared to Logmein :)

3. cakbar macrumors regular

TeamViewer
    Works with Win7 64bit. It's free and works great.

4. VideoBeagle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanx! I'll look into that.

The $30 program isn't in the cards for what is a desire to not to have to get off the couch.:p