Good way to fix screen scratches?

lynkynpark86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I just got a new device about 4 days ago, and without dropping it, exposing it to temperature, or putting anything else in my pocket, it somehow managed to get a scratch in the screen already. The best solutions I've heard are:

1. Buy a new $80 screen
2. Sander with 1000-grit sandpaper
3. Various corrosive acids

Does anyone know something that will actually and feasibly work? I think it's deep enough that it needs to be filled, not resurfaced. Would Turtle Wax work? Maybe some sort of epoxy? I've also heard to use Brasso, but I'm not sure that'd be safe.

GDogg

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2012
London
You can go onto amazon . And but this product called apple sauce ... It's a screen scratch remover and it does do the job but not to reallly deep scratches

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
You can go onto amazon . And but this product called apple sauce ... It's a screen scratch remover and it does do the job but not to reallly deep scratches
Buy a good quality screen protector and apply it. I had an iPod touch a couple of years back that got scratched a day or two after i bought it which was really annoying. I found that when I applied the screen protector (an Invisible Shield), I could no longer see the scratch!

Give that a go ;)

RTP.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Deal with it or get another screen.
Good and straight answer.
Maybe wasnt what the OP wanted to hear but there isnt much you can do to scratched glass.
Either apply a screen protector and leave it the way it is or replace the screen.
One is a $1 easy solution and the other one around $120-150.
Make your pick.

njaremka

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2010
Buy a good quality screen protector and apply it. I had an iPod touch a couple of years back that got scratched a day or two after i bought it which was really annoying. I found that when I applied the screen protector (an Invisible Shield), I could no longer see the scratch!

Give that a go ;)

RTP.
i was just wondering about this, since i have developed a few minor scratches. thanks!