Good Wifi multiplayer games..kid friendly?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by brudog68, May 15, 2011.

1. brudog68 macrumors 6502

Any other good suggestions for multiplayer wifi games that I can play with/against my 5 yr old son? We've been playing Real Racing HD and it's obviously fun using local multiplayer, but looking for more. Just nothing TOO violent or complicated, but some fighting games would work.

I just saw where Infinity Blade is coming out with this feature soon, so that would be cool...

2. OliverOSX93 macrumors regular

why not play a board game like hungry hungry hippo's. a card game like snap or get a couple colouring books? video games are the worst thing you can introduce a small child to (am I proof of that :p)

3. brudog68 thread starter macrumors 6502

You threw the first punch here,lol...although this kid has been toying around with an xbox, iPod touch, nintendo ds, pc, and now iPad since he was 2, it's all about moderation. He would much prefer to be outside playing with friends and gettin dirty. Video games and technology can be one the most beneficial things you can introduce them to, very educational, teaches them problem solving, dexterity, the list goes on...

In 20 yrs. when he is starting his career, who knows, they may control the world with an xbox controller, so I'm glad he knows how,lol.

We play plenty of board games and what little video games he plays are usually family games we play with him any way.

The reason I posted my question is that he got a real kick out of knowing he could play something against dad on mama's iPad. If you had looked beyond your gushing opinion long enough you would realize this was about finding new fun ways to spend time together with my son, not park him in front of a video game.

The worst thing you can introduce a small child to is nothing at all.

Don't you know better than to give parenting tips to a parent? Lol.

4. EarlofCroydon macrumors member

EarlofCroydon

Battleships is FANTASTICALLY FUN :D i play it on WiFi with my Dad (he still beats me -.-) and subtly educational too, don't know how keen your lad would be on it depending on age! I got it free on offer a while back! :apple:

5. brudog68 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks...good idea...wish they had an iPad version, I only saw the iPhone app, but still may grab it.