Good Wristguard/Cover

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ghsNick, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I saw some people were asking what wristguard was used in this video, and I finally found it.

This is where you can get it.

I actually ordered one today.

Also, does anyone know where he got his screen saver in the video?
    It isn't pre-installed on my MBP (Idk if it's even supposed to be.)

But if anyone can link me to a 1440 X 900 version of it that'd be awesome.

2. riptideMBP macrumors 6502

as I have one on my MacbookPro, I can say that's actually a leather surfacepad from twelvesouth rather than the vinyl macpad... also here's the wallpaper you were looking for

3. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Thanks and NO THANKS! lol
    Thanks for the wallpaper. But no thanks for making me realize I bought the wrong item lol. It looks exactly the same. I was getting it because it looked cool and to stop minor scratches off. You think the vinyl would be fine for that?

4. Surely Guest

Surely

I've had a Moshi PalmGuard on my MBP for around a year and a half, and it still looks brand new. I recommend it.

5. SylentSnipe macrumors newbie

SylentSnipe

I have the same thing with a multitouch cover for it to. Helps keep the area clean and looks great.

6. elVince macrumors newbie

I also have the moshi one, the one that comes with the trackpad cover too. 1 thing though is that it does not 100% fit perfectly, you might find that the guard might be .1% off and the trackpad cover isnt made to cover 100% either. Also i've taken off the palmguard off after apply it to my mbp, stuck it onto a clean cardboard, waited, stuck it on another macbook pro, took it off again and put it on a cardboard, and now have it on another mbp, and the adhesive is still holding up great.

The moshi palmguard does feel like plastic and it has this texture to it that you might not like, but i like it alot. And the plastic seems solid also.

If i were to do it again, i'd still go with the moshi.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I've used the Moshi Palmguard on every Mac portable I've ever bought and they all have worked great. I wear a watch, so the wrist guard is paramount in both protecting my computer and my watch strap.

8. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Other than the Moshi PalmGuard, I also have the Keyboard cover by Moshi, it goes great together.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't really like the Moshi [ClearGuard] keyboard cover; it seems to cloud up after some use and then you need to wash it to clean it, though I could never get it back to the original look. I've since switched to the iSkin variant and that seems to be holding up well; it's opaque for starters, so even if it's getting a bit eroded, I can't see it. I can clean the latter with rubbing alcohol or a quick rinse.

10. the_fellowship macrumors regular

I've got the Twelve South leather SurfacePad on my MBP 13" 2011, works really well and feels comfortable on the wrists. Offers protection against scratches from watches/bangles etc. Would recommend it!

11. Ccrew macrumors 68020

I'll pile on to the recommend list. Love mine and get lots of positive comments in business meetings

12. madonionrings macrumors member

I really enjoy the look of this! Is he using a 17" in the video? I would like to get one but I don't see an option for a 17" size! Anyone have a suggestion?

13. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Yes it does cloud up but i dont mind taking it in to the shower with me once in a while.
    doesnt the opaqueness of the iSkin block the backlit?