Good???

zap2

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Im looking into an external hard drive, a small one, same size as my iPod, becuz i want something to put stuff on incase my computer dies( all my music)

im looking at this http://www.flash-memory-store.com/20hiusbmohad.html

20gb only USB( its like 30$ to have it USB and FireWire) and i comes with a 128 mb memory stick to go with my 256 mb, it seems like a good deal, for what i want/need. Is it? is the some plot that makes it bad? Cuz im also lookng at a plain dock for my new iPod or RAM for my brother on is iMac G4 1.25ghz 256mb runnin tiger and i know ram would help it alot( if you know any good place online for RAM, tell me, i know of crucail, thanks) SO WANT YOU FOR THE US ARMY, joking , i want you to help me choice, wha you guys and girls think?
Thank

sw1tcher

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Best deal I've seen so far for an external HDD the size of an iPod is the Western Digital 40GB Passport. Walmart has it for $99.92; USB only as well.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
wdlove said:
My wife uses a SmartDisk, that she uses to backup items from her 15" PowerBook. She likes that its compact.
I saw SmartDisk drives at the Apple store (40GB, 60GB, and 80GB models). The spindle speed is 4200 rmp so it is not that fast. LaCie has a 100 GB USB/Firewire mobile external HD (very compact size with out an AC adaport). It's on a pricy side; but, it looks good and I am waiting for the shipping date from a web merchant I just placed an order.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Yeah, that's reasonable for an assembled drive and enclosure. You might want to take a second look at those dimensions, though. Enclosures like that are easy to carry around, but they are quite a bit larger than an iPod.

zap2

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
i meant iPod GB= to HD GB, thanks for all the help guys, im getting that HD and some ram for my Bro's iMac G4