Goodbye DROID hello iPad 2!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by djrobsd, May 4, 2012.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

Dear Google,

I wanted to love you, really I did. I tried so hard to fall in love with your shiny new Ice Cream Sandwich. I downloaded hundreds of apps and used you to my hearts content, but every time I turned the corner, I ran into so many problems. First, I had to hack the tablet just to download certain apps because they didn't like my tablet and they didn't even show up in the Google Play Store. Then I had to hack my screen resolution using a program called DPI Changer and reboot my tablet every time I wanted to change the DPI, just to get certain apps to fit properly on the screen. Then there were all the crashes, the reboots, and the battery drain! Oh boy, why does my battery drain so badly that I have to plug you in every day? But, the icing on the cake for me was when I installed your own Google Catalogs program and it crashed every 5 minutes, yet I knew that the iPad version worked perfectly, so I finally decided enough is enough and I sold you on Craigslist for a whopping $200 bucks, and added another $200 out of my pocket and got my self a shiny new iPad 2!

I haven't looked back, my god what a superior interface. I guess I just resented the $500 dollar price tag for the iPad, and thought I could get away with a cheaper Android alternative. Never again will I think such foolish shots... I use my iPad like 10x more then I used my droid... It is such a pleasure, everything just works on it... I do miss having access to Flash web sites a little, but most of my favorite sites have all converted to HTML5 or they have a native ipad app. It's quite odd that the Google apps actually work better on the iPad then they do on Android... Google Catalogs, and Google Currents are two of them that are just beautiful to use on the ipad, and they were buggy and crashed a lot on my ICS tablet.

I'm just loving all the app goodness... And the fact that the stuff I bought on my iphone automatically transfers to my ipad... And the photos show up in photo stream... And the magazines all look perfect.... The catalog apps are amazing, I found myself enjoying looking at the catalogs more on my iPad then the physical ones on the coffee table..

And the icing on the cake, I only have to plug my iPad in once every 2-3 days!

I am now the proud owner of the trio of Apple fabulousness, thank you iPad, iphone, and Macbook Pro. :)

2. MacAttacka macrumors 6502

So many of my friends who were victims of playbook and hp firesales, 7" nonsense galaxy tabs and a whole host of cheap trashy second rate android tablets have finally got the iPad. In every case their reaction is OMG, I never knew tablets could be this much fun, whereas I was telling them from the start that if you want a tablet it's iPad or nothing. Nothing comes close. Welcome to the rest of your life dude.

3. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

It really is true and inescapable to anyone who has used both extensively. iOS and related hardware offers a demonstrably and irrefutable superior overall user experience.

Android fanboys love to cite spec superiority and the greater flexibility inherent in Google's ecosystem. The problem is that those benefits, even with ICS, come at a real cost in terms of UE.

Once you go iOS there's no going back.

4. nickn macrumors 6502

Op , I'm glad you found something you like. I have to say it is the complete opposite for me though. My low end Android 2.2 device kills my iPad 1 and old iPod Touch 1G. I'm glad there are many OS choices now, and we can pick what we want, instead of having to choose RIM every time like before.

5. pat park macrumors 6502a

iPad 1 is seriously underpowered. Compare your Android tablet to iPad 2 or the new iPad.

6. nickn macrumors 6502

My Android phone has a 600mhz CPU, so if anything, I would need something slower on the Apple side!