Goodbye Gorgeous Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iWoz, Apr 8, 2009.

1. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

As much as I love the look of the mighty mouse with suits my macbook. The performance itself isn't that great. Can anyone recommend me a really good mouse(not a real one) that is just as good looking as the MM.

Im also considering purchasing the wired aluminium keyboard(full version) but will it be compatible with my dell d620 aswell? My aim is to be able to use one keyboard on an external monitor that is connected to both my MBP and Dell laptop.

Thanks for any help

2. ozontheroad macrumors 6502

ozontheroad

these are not real :D

these are:
    G9x Laser Mouse
    or
    MX™ Revolution

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/&cl=us,en

Attached Files:

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I second the MX revolution. Light years ahead of the MM.

4. janstett macrumors 65816

Yes, as pretty as Apple's mice are they aren't meant to be used long term as they just aren't ergonomic. Anybody remember the hockey puck mouse from the first iMac?

[​IMG]

Anyway, I have a Logitech G5, thumbs up! The high end Logitechs are great as people have recommended.

If you're looking to go cheaper, Microsoft makes great mice too.

5. iWoz thread starter macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Thanks all,

The MX Revolution looks like the most tempting to me..

Any update on whether an apple aluminium keyboard would work with a windows laptop?

6. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I think as long as you're running XP or above and install the included software it will work with your windows laptop.

I highly recommend the Logitech VX revolution if you'll be using it with a laptop. It has basically the same feature set as the MX Revolution minus the second scroll wheel on the thumb rest.

It has replaced my wired MM and the adapter is compatible with the alu keyboard, and slides underneath leaving it hardly visible (1/2 - 3/4 inch sticks out)

7. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

I thoroughly enjoy my Razer Diamondback gaming mouse for Photoshop stuff(and thus everything else.) I use one at work on a Windows machine, and I use one at home with my Mac. Razer makes one called the Razer Pro that's white and is marketed toward Mac users. I have black speakers, and a black LCD, so a black mouse makes sense for me. Yes it's wired, and takes some getting used to, but it's so incredibly accurate and excellent.
    [​IMG] - Diamondback
    [​IMG] - Razer Pro

8. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

9. txnoob macrumors 6502

10. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Funny coming from a Mac Mini owner. On Amazon it's $73.

11. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Some people need precision.

12. kaybeee macrumors member

Got my Mx Revolution for 45 on sale a while back.

REALLY good mouse!

13. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

+1 for the revolution! I have 2 :)

It is pricey for a mouse but if you use the computer ALL day money is well spent if its spent on ergonomic equipment.

14. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

I've been through more mice than I can possibly remember. However, since getting my G9 when it was released, I haven't looked back. Incredible mouse for everything.

15. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Ha, yeah I have that mouse laying in a drawer somewhere around here. Teeerrrrrrible!

16. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Razer Deathadder is nice...comes in a white Mac version too (I have the blue PC version, which still works perfectly with Mac).

I also have the Razer Proclick mobile for when I take my mac out of the house...nice and small, but still good precision and functinality...it's also BT, so it saves a USB port.

Good decision getting rid of the MM btw...crappiest product, in terms of value and function, that Apple makes.

17. mgridgaway macrumors 6502

mgridgaway

If you don't mind it being wired, I suggest looking at the Logitech Mx518 Gaming Mouse. Lots of customizable buttons on mac (via USB Overdrive), fairly inexpensive, and works really well. I've been using mine for over a year now and won't get a new one until this one dies.