Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JOHNGAETANO

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2002
Akron, Ohio
There isn’t anything I cant do with my new 12.9 that you can do with your MacBook Pro. I know this because I sold my new 2018 15” MacBook Pro for the 12.9 and saved over $1300 and can accomplish everything. This iPad is a powerhouse and even editing 4K video from my mavic 2 zoom doesn’t slow it down. To each his own, but this is the closest we have to a full replacement laptop.

How are you getting your files off the zoom and into the ipp?

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
Lets all bw honest the ipad is just a toy i have the 12.9 but i have money to waste but to be fair its just a big iPhone it will never be a laptop

Reactions: cardfan and maxgts

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
If I can do it with 2 different apps it serves the same purpose.
If all one deals with are spreadsheets that are simple enough to be properly handled by those different apps... perhaps.

But that use case, which is so simple and straight forward on other OSes, becomes convoluted under iOS. Because not only would you need to open up 2 different spreadsheet apps, you need to pull the data into each app's sandboxed storage. That ends up with multiple copies of files being stored on the iPad and the danger of overwriting the newer copy with an older one.

Lets all bw honest the ipad is just a toy i have the 12.9 but i have money to waste but to be fair its just a big iPhone it will never be a laptop
That's not "honest". What IS honest... the iPad is more than a toy but less than a laptop with a desktop-strength OS.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

All? You don’t speak for ‘all’. The iPad is by far not a toy for me, not in terms of productivity that I still complete what I need to in terms of work development, scheduling, documents, training material, etc. Yes , my laptop can execute those things, but I choose the iPad to be more priority, because it has the potential to be. Everyone’s situation is different and how the iPad benefits them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.