Goodbye vibrating speakers on my iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by egeek84, Mar 24, 2016.

1. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

Hello bigger screen with 4GB of RAM on my new 12 inch iPad Pro!

2. cg006 macrumors regular

cg006

Thats me too. Picked up a used on in swappa LTe model, apple cover front and back, apple cae and screen protector for 850 flat. Cant wait to try this beast!! I am so hyped.

3. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

It does sound great, I was properly surprised at the improvement in quality and volume when I first got mine. The first tablet I can actually use without a Bluetooth speaker if I have to. Much happy :)

4. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

For a minute there I was confused because I assumed this thread was about the 9.7" Pro.

5. Booloo macrumors regular

Booloo

Due to the louder speakers on the IPP 9.7", I fully expect the "vibrating speaker" complaints to hit full force when the device is in people's hands.

It does have the same she'll after all.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I totally agree. I have the 12.9 iPad Pro and the Air2. I just tried playing the Star Wars theme at full volume on both devices, and yeah, they both vibrate. I mean, sound IS air vibration, so where there is sound, there's vibration. The larger the sound, the more vibration there is. It's physics.

7. cg006 macrumors regular

cg006

Original post mentioned the 12'9 ipad :)

Gonna be a bit until you see those 9'7's online lol

8. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

It's physics but it's also completely manageable if done correctly. But, on the Air 2 the screen and chassis shook like a Mexican jumping bean on crack. It killed my desire to own the Air 2. I was hoping the Air 3 or what's called the pro 9.7" would take care of this but it's probably the same. Too bad.

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Surely, anything that can be done to damp the vibrations will make the iPad thicker -- and we know how Apple feels about that. ;)

10. family_guy macrumors newbie

It's very annoying no journalists have even mentioned if the 9.7" Pro has the same issue.

11. egeek84 thread starter macrumors 6502

egeek84

Read the last post in this thread http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...have-any-sound-vibration-issue.1928814/page-2 , the issue WAS resolved with the 12.9 iPad Pro.
    Also I never turned up my volume all the way at max, I could feel the vibration at halfway.

Just do a google search for "ipad air 2 vibration" and you will see countless threads about it. Do the same search for the iPad Pro and you will see nothing because Apple addressed it.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 24, 2016 ---
    Also from http://www.iphonehacks.com/2015/11/ipad-pro-first-impressions.html

"The sound quality is very good, in fact, it is much better than my MacBook Pro. The iPad Pro also doesn’t have the sound vibration issue that some users have complained about the iPad Air 2."

Trust me, I can tolerate a lot of things but the vibrating issue with the iPad Air 2's was VERY noticeable. I've owned every iPad to date and even the iPad Air 1 didn't have this issue. It was specific to the Air 2 line since the device was built so thin. Apple learns from their mistakes hence fixed in Pro line and how the iPhone 6S chassis is thicker now to prevent another 'BendGate'.

12. family_guy macrumors newbie

However we don't know if this applies to the 9'7" Pro yet. It's just as thin as the Air 2.

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Is this with or without a case? I have my iPad Air in Apple leather smart case, and iPad Pro in a TPU case I got off from Amazon. And I get similar levels of vibrations from both devices.

And do post iback on the vibration level of iPad Pro once you it.

14. egeek84 thread starter macrumors 6502

egeek84

True, and I hope for your guys sake it doesn't cuz it's a real b to deal with! I have a feeling it will be ok tho.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 24, 2016 ---
    This is both naked and in an Otterbox Defender. I don't know if youve felt an otterbox defender before but those things are thick as hell and I could literally feel the vibration through all 3 layers of protection, I kid you not.

15. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yes, I've seen those Defender cases. You seriously could feel vibrations through that? Is it possible some Air2 units vibrate more than others? I can't imagine my Air2 vibrating that much.

16. urkel macrumors 68030

The 12.9 speakers are amazing so Getting a reliable opinion on the Pro9.7 is my most anticipated review topic.

Hopefully the reviewers actually pay attention to sound this time. Even the in depth reviewers seem to skip over sound analysis. With the Air2, which had a noticeable and dramatic issue, went largely ignored in all reviews.

17. Heisenberg888 macrumors member

Heisenberg888

Well, glad to say it doesn't. Bought an iPad Pro 9.7 yesterday and it's minimal/acceptable sound vibrations; not like the Air 2 where the back chassis and screen vibrates like a pager. It shows Apple just didn't optimise the speakers for the Air 2 IMO, as they have the same size body/thinness.

18. tarasis macrumors 6502a

tarasis

Agreed the 9.7" iPad Pro vibrates much less than the iPad Air 2 did. The vibrations put me off using the Air 2 for gaming and creating music compared to my previous iPad usage.

19. d5aqoëp macrumors 6502a

d5aqoëp

It's simple, if any negative is said, then they have to say bye bye to future Apple event invitations.

20. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

I have the 9.7 and don't notice a rattle. The speakers on this thing are incredible. There is actually no need to use my Jambox at all anymore with any of my devices, these speakers sound better than the Jambox.

21. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby