goodbye warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by baseballbent, Jun 29, 2008.

1. baseballbent macrumors member

thousands of people's iphone warranties are now gone :(

the year is up. thank god i just got mine replaced

happy birthday iphone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

Well since there's a warranty thread I might as well ask here...

So Apple Care extends the iPhone's repair warranty one more year, correct?

My question is that if I had bought the first iPhone last year, on June 29th, and I didn't buy Apple care until yesterday would I be covered for two years or just one?

Like, if I would've boughten AC in '07 then I'd be covered until '09. But if I bought in '08, would I be covered until '10?

It just makes sense to me to wait a year to buy it since you have it free for a year anyways and that way it lasts longer. Unless I am wrong.

3. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

Oops, should have got those faulty headphones repaired...oh well...I bought mine June 29th of last year so...tough luck.

Happy Birthday iPhone.

4. weeman macrumors 6502

Yea you are wrong. The applecare only extends the warranty from the ORIGINAL date of purchase. Meaning if you bought the iphone on June 29, 2007 and you buy applecare within the year (from June 29, 2007 to June 28, 2008) you will only have an extra year from the original date of purchase, in this case the warranty will expire on June 29, 2009. So regardless if you buy the applecare in 07 or 08, you will only have the warranty until 09.

5. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

Ah, okay.

So much for my smart plan, eh? :p

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

That makes sense on the iPhone end of AppleCare, but totally confuses me with regards to my MB that was replaced with a new BlackBook, and the AppleCare that I had bought in August '07 was applied to February '08 as the purchase date of my BlackBook. I had a replacement iPhone in Oct '07, but my AppleCare reflects the original iPhone purchase date. :confused: