Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
I receive my DataColor Spyder4 Elite today. I color calibrated my rMBP(10,1) and my ATD to sRGB standard. When the calibration was over for both monitors the before and after showed there no perceptible change.

So the good news is that indeed rMBPs and good old ATDs should be leaving the factory very close to sRGB standards. And in my case, the rMBP has not drifted in around 2 years and the ATD in just over one year.

Keep Calm and Calibrated.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I receive my DataColor Spyder4 Elite today. I color calibrated my rMBP(10,1) and my ATD to sRGB standard. When the calibration was over for both monitors the before and after showed there no perceptible change.

So the good news is that indeed rMBPs and good old ATDs should be leaving the factory very close to sRGB standards. And in my case, the rMBP has not drifted in around 2 years and the ATD in just over one year.

Keep Calm and Calibrated.

Good news for you. However as each panel is different I would still recommend people do there own calibration every 6 weeks or so.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Good news for you. However as each panel is different I would still recommend people do there own calibration every 6 weeks or so.

I totally agree!!!! Recalibrate before any serious print job (prints to be sold, exhibition,...etc.).

I am just glad that indeed it seems to be true that the Apple screens, or at least two of them, do seem to have been sRGB calibrated at the factory.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.