Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcorvan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2012
I just purchased an ipad 3. I have never used any Apple product or purchased anything on iTunes. I have used windows forever and only Android with my phone. So I am totally unfamiliar with everything and find it hard to understand a lot.

I have loads of different video's in a variety of formats on my win 7 pc. I also have music (not purchased from iTunes either).

I want to upload films from pc to play on ipad 3 (ios 5). Goodplayer seems to be well supported and reviewed here so I was going to purchase it. But what do I do after purchasing. Do I just copy my movie to the ipad 3 and press the gplayer icon? And, most importantly, how to I copy it. I am a little nervous about messages on the iTunes about syncing, erasing, copying all videos, etc. Can I just go to a folder on my pc and copy one of these films?

Is it possible (and easy) to do this without iTunes. I can copy anything directly to my android phone from the pc via usb with no difficulty.

For music. Can I transfer just 1 piece of music to ipad 3 from PC. Also, is there a player that plays flac as well as mp3 files.

Really appreciate any help on this. Thanks

jcorvan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2012
goodplayer question for pc user - no ipad experience

Thank you both. I went back and looked at some of the discussion from Menneisyys2 from the past. I think that I want to look further at the different video players for the interface. I use VLC on my PC for a long time now and find it nicely transparent. There was a time when I had to spend hours finding a codec file to play some such thing or another, so having the ease to have this done behind the scenes is really important.

The key thing I found with Goodplayer is that they respond very well to questions raised to them and also they are present on this site. I had emailed them a question because of the difficulty of their help on their site and they promptly and fully answered the question. This is important for someone just starting out and also for those who are into high - end video problems.

I think I am clear now on the file sharing in the Apple world. It is not as hard as it initially seemed and you both clarified this and sent me to the information. My next question which I will post separately from this is about browsers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.