Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lonman06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Hey guys. I hope someone can help me out here. I use my iPad for school and have all my notes as well as some books in PDF form and organized in folders. If I were to restore my iPad and then use the backup file will I have to reset all of my documents up in goodreader or does backup save all of that? I hope someone can lend a hand.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
It appears to back up when you sync with iTunes. I installed the 4.2 beta last night on my iPad and then did a restore from my 3.2.2 backup. GoodReader had all of my folders and documents the way I left them when I was on 3.2.2.

lonman06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
It appears to back up when you sync with iTunes. I installed the 4.2 beta last night on my iPad and then did a restore from my 3.2.2 backup. GoodReader had all of my folders and documents the way I left them when I was on 3.2.2.

Thanks. This is great news!

lonman06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Well I didn't get so lucky. For some reason some of my data was backed up and some wasn't. Seemed to be completely random though. I hope I don't have to go through adding all my notes back into goodreader every single time I update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.