GoodReader APP For Transferring Photos, Both Ways ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Robert4, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Robert4 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a new iPad3, and am having the customary difficulties, I guess, in trying to figure out how to transfer photos from the iPad to my windows PC, and also from my PC to the iPad using WiFi each way.

Have heard about GoodReader APP.
    Read their page, but am still confused.

Would this APP allow me to transfer photos, Both ways, via WiFi ?

If so, any caveats to its usage for these two applications ?

Also, do you think it would allow me to access either a USB memory stick, or an external HD plugged into a USB Port on my new Router ?

If GoodReader won't do what I want, any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob

2. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Both ways - but I don't see the point in using GR for photo transfer.

1, its photo support is far inferior to both the stock Photos app and the best third-party apps like Photo Manager Pro.

2, if you want to download the photos you make on your iPad, there're far easier ways.
    Nope, not even if you jailbreak. Then, you'll need to transfer the files from the stick via iFiles first.

YES, as long as the router supports FTP access. (Unfortunately, GR doesn't seem to support the easier and more widely used SMB (Samba) access.)

3. PrayForDeath macrumors 6502

I have goodreader, but I havent tried moving files over wifi. i usually do it through itunes on a usb cable.

If you have the icloud client for windows, you can easily move files wirelessly between your pc and ipad (assuming the 5gb free capacity will suffice)

4. b.c. macrumors 6502

you can use Dropbox to upload photos on your iPad wirelessly to your PC