Goodwill gesture

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nrvna76, Jun 27, 2014.

1. nrvna76 macrumors 6502

After a month of trying to get my phone fixed Apple was finally successful and after offered me a goodwill gesture of a 2TB Timecapsul. I gladly accepted and thought it was above and beyond. I was under the impression I could backup photos/videos from my iPhones and iPad without the use of a computer... It seems I was wrong. That being said, does anybody know if I could bring the Timecapsul to an apple store and exchange for something else? I don't know if these things are tracked differently or anything..? Thanks.

2. Carl Sagan macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I doubt it. In fact, they didn't have to give you anything and it would be pretty rude to return a goodwill gesture. If you have a PC or a Mac you can use it as an NAS.

4. nrvna76 thread starter macrumors 6502

I understand they didn't have to give me anything, but my issues were their fault so it was appreciated. It just doesn't do what I thought it would do. Not seeing how it's rude since I'm not looking for cash.

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I would just sell it on eBay.

6. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

took a month? Did you have baby pics your wife couldn't live without not backed up to iCloud? Why didn't they just give you a new/refurbished phone? Makes 0 sense.

Tho I went to Apple store to get my 2010 iMac fixed so I can sell it. The HD died and I thought that was something that was breaking on those a while back. They said I had a 500gb and not the 1tb one that was the issue. Any way $200 bucks later it did not work. I returned it they said the screen was dead and it would cost $400 but because they probably messed it up when installing the HD they gave me the display for free. Its like um why not just 400 towards a new computer or a free iPad haha. Regardless I now have a 300-400 dollar iMac I am going to put up on craiglist with 600 bucks worth of new parts. :D

7. nrvna76 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, it took a month because there was some sort of apple activation chain issue, so even with a replacement device I couldn't get past the activation screen.

8. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Nothing rude about it at all. I would just take it in and ask if you can exchange it for another product that will do what you need.