Google Adsense Alternatives

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by MICHAELSD, Oct 3, 2010.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Alright, I've had over 10k page impressions and 11 clicks (wow, low ratio), and I'm only at $1.67 with Google Adsense, which is pretty low considering there have been 30k ad impressions to date. Somes clicks I've gotten less than $.10 for, which is not anywhere near good. I've found a lot of lists of Google Adsense alternatives, but they're long lists without user experience. So I figure I'd ask here: which company handles the advertisements displayed on your site and how satisfied are you with them? I'm also in talks with some companies that sell Dexter products about displaying ads for a cheap fee (without a middle-man), which should work out nicely if they pan out.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Doesn't seem that low for me. Perhaps it's your expectations that need to be lower.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

For me, 10,000 hits gets around $10 to $15 on google. Even that is low though.

It depends on your subject matter. Some subjects don't get premium ads. I am also seeing mostly netflix ad on your site, which blends in with your web design.

Within your posts page your ads are also too small. Smaller ads have a lower click price. But of course, it's a balance between ad size and content.

4. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I got 45 ad clicks today, and I'd bet somebody on the forum did that because of this thread. It's not normal that clicks would go from two at most per day to 45. Very funny :rolleyes:. Apparently Google isn't giving me anything for those clicks. It seems most clicks go unpaid...

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

LOL. Actually, repeat clicks from the same person don't count.

There are also 3 types of ads
    1. By click
    2. By ad impression
    3. Commission on purchase

Google ads are first two.