Google Analytics Site Overlay

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by SimonMW, Mar 18, 2010.

1. SimonMW macrumors 6502

Wasn't sure which forum to post this on, but since I have been using it in conjunction with web design I decided to ask here.

How in the f***ing hell can I get rid of that stupid, incessant, bloody annoying Google Analytics Site Overlay off my website every time I go to check it?!

I've deleted the GOSA cookies and emptied the cache over and over and over again, but the overlay STILL keeps coming back!

2. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

There should be a "CLOSE" button in the upper right-hand corner. See attached :)

Attached Files:

3. SimonMW thread starter macrumors 6502

The close button only works when the site has opened in a seperate window. And even when it does close it isn't stopping the damn thing from coming back when I open the site again, be it in a new window or in a new tab. It simply won't go away! Even when I delete the cookies.

4. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

What browser are you using? I'm in IE7 (I know - I'm at work) and I can only open Site Overlay in a new window and when I click Close and try manually typing in the URL of the site, the overlay is indeed gone.

Could there be a conflict with the javascript on your site? Have you tried Site Overlay with different sites ... same problem?