Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
People have some very wierd ideas how this all works don't they.

I'm surprised by the number of people who think Apple have the upper hand and not the record labels.

Nobody thats actually thinking, would ever believe this. If Apple had anything close to an "upperhand" the Beatles would have been on iTunes 7 years ago. Or 6. Or 5....

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
And all these sales are because there's been no access to the Beatles music until now and the entire world has been waiting 30 years for this day?

I don't get it.

Some people use iTunes almost exclusively.

Some people buy new music on iTunes everyday, regardless of what it is.

The people who work for Apple, who have unlimited iTunes access at no cost, probably go buck wild, and account for a lot of unnatural surges on iTunes.

Think of how much YOU would use it if you didn't have to pay for any of it.

karlwig

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2008
The New York Post's article also reports that Google and Amazon were pitching to obtain the digital distribution rights for The Beatles' catalog, but that Apple offered the other parties involved the best deal.]

That might explain the ridiculous prices. Sadly, people are gonna cave in, even when the CD box set with full audio quality, nice packaging, and physical media for backup can be had for less.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Some people use iTunes almost exclusively.

Some people buy new music on iTunes everyday, regardless of what it is.

The people who work for Apple, who have unlimited iTunes access at no cost, probably go buck wild, and account for a lot of unnatural surges on iTunes.

Think of how much YOU would use it if you didn't have to pay for any of it.

Since when do Apple employees have free iTunes access?

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003

You're claiming that employees get free downloads and that those downloads are included in the sales charts? Any actual evidence of that?

Ries

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2007
The sales charts say otherwise. I've never seen so much whining from people over a harmless website teaser. What a bunch of babies.

In my country somone got to place 24 with a total of 200'ish sold CD's. Just because its on a chart, does not mean it sold that well.

Cavepainter

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2010
Los Angeles
On a side note, I find it kind of repulsive that a couple of loaded businessmen neither of which really have anything to do with the actual creation of the Beatles music are the ones charged with making all the decisions on what happens here. Both of them are really just riding along on the coattails of creators, making money off someone else's music. All Paul, Ringo and the estates of the other band members can do apparently is just watch what happens to THEIR music from the sidelines- correct? Moral of the story if you're an artist is to fight like hell for the rights to your work.:(

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
On a side note, I find it kind of repulsive that a couple of loaded businessmen neither of which really have anything to do with the actual creation of the Beatles music are the ones charged with making all the decisions on what happens here. Both of them are really just riding along on the coattails of creators, making money off someone else's music. All Paul, Ringo and the estates of the other band members can do apparently is just watch what happens to THEIR music from the sidelines- correct? Moral of the story if you're an artist is to fight like hell for the rights to your work.:(

I believe that McCartney and the Lennon estate (Yoko) actually are very involved with practically every decision that Apple Corps makes.

Besides, when have creators ever been fully in charge of their output? Read up on the history of the recording industry. Complaining that suits make the calls is like complaining that the sun comes up every day.

Hal Itosis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2010
Seriously, who gives a crap? Anyone remotely interested in this dinosaur "rock" band bought the albums or CDs long ago. This is dumb. Almost as dumb as calling a gimped Internet tablet "magical".

Instead of acting like a spoiled baby throwing a tantrum, why don't you offer up some worthwhile suggestions of bands you believe folks should care about.

A day in which no one cared.
No one? :rolleyes: Have you been snorting Midol again or something? :D

Don't look now, but the lads wrote a song especially for you: <linky>

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.