Google, android oems, HP Nice try

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yodaxl7, Jul 7, 2011.

1. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

These guys are trying to have employees post here to cause a rift!! They can't compete well and so they are trying to have an effect on us by spreading false or misleading stories. Like a post here saying that he returned his iphone and ipad 2 and went with Veer and touchpad. Right!! That makes no sense at all. If you just want a phone, then just get a flip phone and keep your laptop. The 2nd gen iPad has no real competition this year.

I can't wait to see iPad pro or HD that is rumoring for this fall. Retina !!

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep there's a HP employee hiding behind the grassy knoll just over yonder...

Seriously though your 'theory' has more holes than some sweedish cheese. The real likelihood of these posts is that the poster just wants to provoke a reaction, not that they necessarily work for any manufacturer looking to 'sabotage' apple by getting it's employees to post on forums full of Apple nerds.

3. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

In other words, they're trolling.

4. -Ken- macrumors regular

Or perhaps we simply are sharing our experiences with a non-Apple product. I buy what works best for me. Sometimes that is an Apple product, sometimes it is not. I have a TouchPad, it works great.

To accuse me or someone else of being an HP employee is just ridiculous.

5. yodaxl7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It just that there are repeated patterns of trolls posting and provoking. Some make some sense, but most of them are non-sense. Laptops or desktops are the best at multi-tasking. They are the better at playing flash. Flash is old and should be filed away. On the smartphones, both android and ios have plenty of apps to use, however, ios apps are better for the most part. On tablets, iPad has over 100,000 apps and android has less than 500 and HP has less than 500, too. Playbook has less than 250. iPad has way more apps to play with and better to discover and better to apps that fit you. iOS 5 will have more features. Mostly good and some meh. Both iphone and iPad are the best.

Reason, androids is ahead, is simply number of phones out there. There are more android smartphones out there than wp7, blackberries, symbians, etc. Some android oems are struggling like LG. Best android oems will survive in 5 to 10 years. By then, if apple able to sustain, iPhone will be number one. Even if iPhone don't sell as much as the total android phones, it doesn't mean it is worse. For apple to have it in 2nd place, it is magical and amazing.

I don't doubt some competitions are trolling. Why not? I know that there are haters out there. Why, I don't know? I don't like crap. Apple products are not crap. Android is meh. I have played with them. I trust some bloggers and their opinions, too. Palm os is appealling, but it got several bad reviews. I do think some trolls are anti-apple, android fans, HP fans, and competitors. I don't go to android forums at all. Do you ? Do you troll there?

6. -Ken- macrumors regular

I'm a long time Apple and Palm fan. So excuse me if I happen to like both.

And yes, multitasking is much better/easier/takes fewer steps to do things on a TouchPad. The lack of apps sucks and I will complain about that until that is rectified. Once again, it depends on what you do with a tablet. An iPad may be the perfect device for some.

7. yodaxl7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I like multiple brands too. I like sony products: got bravia tv, ps3, psp. I like Nintendo products: ds lite, 3ds, wii. I like xbox 360. I had a pc, but don't like it. Although window 8 looks interesting. Never been HP fan. Never been palm fan. HP touchpad was appealing when they announced it. Bad reviews from reputable web os fan bloggers like from BGR and engadget. I like the card thing. I like the email thing. Reviews say it is slow, buggy, ok battery life, one camera, and not smooth. I am looking forward to ps vita. I like google plus, think.

I don't like a troll who post about leaving apple products. If you like HP products, go to that site. Why post here?? I don't go to HP site and said that I return all of my hp products and went to apple!! I might post here and said that I left pc products and am in all for apple products. It is an apple site. So, what are your intent!

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

That's the one thing I have least confidence in happening unfortunately.

In regards to trolls etc, surely the best thing is to just ignore their posts. If you do not wish to see them, add the user to your blocked user list and its gone.

Forums like this are always going to harbor distention and some folks get kicks from causing havoc.

There are good reasons for users to post their own experiences of different hardware as there are plenty of mac users here who want to venture out and try different operating systems and hardware platforms. Heck i'm a gadget nut and like to try all things myself - so not everyone posting comparison posts is trolling. It's quite clear from the 'tone' of a post those that are though - so if you suspect they are and it bothers you - quit reading that post.

9. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

Actually, I hope that the Honeycomb or HP tablets do well because Apple needs competition.

10. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

The best thing to do when you see a post you think is intended to troll is to report it ([​IMG]). The staff will review it against the Forum Rules:

11. stevensr123 macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

herp derp :p

no but seriously, do you have any more amazing and intelligent theories?:rolleyes:

i really don't see what wrong with people who own other things, coming on here and telling there experiences, in fact i find it makes this site more interesting because you hear other peoples views on other peoples forums and also, it gives people more knowledge on what other systems and products are like.

IMO maybe the mods should create a technical forum for all the things not apple. as long as people don't troll, or are not drinking the apple cool aid, anything is fine by me.

12. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Exactly what happens on competing device forums. Only it is Apple iFans/employees doing the deed. Pretty obvious when the user name has "Mac" or "Apple" or "iPad" etc., in it.

13. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Android Troll? Yes, they exist. I've seen 'em.

[​IMG]

14. MassacrMan macrumors member

I am an HP employee, and I'm telling you now HP did not send me here to spread rumors. That's just a ridiculous accusation, I'm here because I enjoy reading this forum and discussing varying Apple products.

15. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Sent you a PM.

16. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

I am sure there're many.

17. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Someone would have to have the aesthetic taste of a troll to think Android looks nice.

18. kalex macrumors 65816

OP you are the one trolling. Your rambling theories are funny but far from truth. Get your tinfoil hat ready

Attached Files:

19. vrDrew macrumors 65816

One man's trollbait is another man's thoughtful analysis.

That said, I think that loudly and repeatedly announcing you are "jumping ship" to a competitive product in a forum dedicated to iPad discussion smacks of a certain level of obnoxiousness, to say nothing of self-involvement and/or immaturity. Its one thing to discuss the faults and benefits of various products. Its another thing entirely to issue the digital version of a "nyah..nyah..nyah."

Its also worth aknowledging the fact that tech companies can and DO periodically engage in "manipulation" of social media. MacRumors is frequently cited by publications as august as the New York Times as a source for insight and predictions as to the tech landscape. And one has only to look to the curious case of the Notion Ink Adam, where apparently the entire user population was loudly singing its praises here at MacRumors.

Astroturfing happens. So does fanboyism. Its up to the reader to distinguish one from the other, and the useless blather from the keen observation.