Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

voi666

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
i updated the google app to the new version with voice recognition.
now, everytime that i start the app, it starts playing the little info animation and crashes back to the iphone home screen. i can not even get into the settings to turn voice search off.

does anyone else have this problem?

oh btw, non jailbroken iphone with 2.1

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
i updated the google app to the new version with voice recognition.
now, everytime that i start the app, it starts playing the little info animation and crashes back to the iphone home screen. i can not even get into the settings to turn voice search off.

does anyone else have this problem?

oh btw, non jailbroken iphone with 2.1

I had that problem. Here's how I fixed it: Open up Safari and see if you have like a gazillion different windows open. Close them.

yorkepb

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2008
Same Problem, solution does not fix it

I have the same problem with the new Google Mobile app. When the app first came out, it functioned perfectly but then starting this morning it crashes everytime exactly as the original poster described.

When I launch the app, it starts up and then no matter what I do (whether I go into the settings or apps tab or stay in the first tab) it crashes within 5 seconds of launching.

I have tried everything including the recommended suggestion (Safari has only 1 window open). I have tried killing the big ones, Safari, Mail, SMS and Calendar (like I use to have to when memory was an issue) I have restarted the iphone time and time again, I have even uninstalled and reinstalled on the iphone and uninstalled and then reinstalled via itunes. To no avail the app no longer works for me AT ALL.

Any suggestions?

jfong425

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2008
I had the similar problem

Try deleting the app on your phone then reinstalling it from your computer. It worked for me. Hope this works for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.